20160826 Five Things You Should Try
It's summertime and while waiting for a less hot evening I have decided to share some of the things I like with you ...
Everybody knows Harry Potter and Donkey Kong, so I try to come up with some maybe not-so-known or older stuff, because you would be bored if I only suggest things you already know. Maybe this could be an inspiration for you to go to your cellar or attic to look for some old boxes ...
- The Harry Dresden novels written by Jim Butcher, about a mage working in Chicago.
- The Rivers Of London novels written by Ben Aaronovitch, about a policeman/mage in London.
- The Altered Carbon novels written by Richard Morgan, about what could happen when we would be able to digitally store our minds.
- The Joe Pitt novels by Charlie Houston, to me the best vampire series since 2 decades, starting with "Already Dead".
- The Voodoo series by Nick Stone, great!
Classic Rock Albums
- Kiss - Rock And Roll All Over
- Saxon - Power And The Glory
- Black Sabbath - The Headless Cross
- King Diamond - The Eye Of The Witch
- Death - Spiritual Healing
Stephen King Books
- Salem's Lot
- The Dead Zone
- Stark - The Dark Half
- From A Buick 8
- Colorado Kid
Things To Do In London
- Walk the south thames path from London Eye to Tower Bridge and on the north side from Tower back to Big Ben.
- Walk the canals from King's Cross to Camden Lock and have coffee on top of the Star Bucks building.
- Watch a play in Shakespeares Globe Theatre, e.g. a midsummer nights dream, as groundling, it is really cheap and the best place to watch a play here!
- Attend "The Ripper Haunts" walk from London Walks
- Look what is new in the turbine hall at Tate Modern Gallery.
Walks from Munich East
- Walk via Rosenheimer Platz to Muellersches Volksbad and from there along the river Isar into the english garden to the chinese tower.
- Walk via Wiener Platz into the english garden to the chinese tower.
- When Auer Dult is happening, walk to Mariahilfplatz.
- In December do Christmas market hopping, go to Weissenburger Platz, to Isar Tor, Marienplatz, Residenz and then to the medieval market at Wittelsbacher Platz.
- Walk to Rosenheimer Platz, via Muellersches Volksbad to Isar Tor and then Kaufinger Strasse to main station.
Classic PC Games
- Monkey Island 1+2+3
- Maniac Mansion + Day Of The Tentacle
- Indiana Jones 3+4
- Space Quest 3+4
- Warcraft 2
Classic C64 Games
- Giana Sisters
- Ghosts'n Goblins
- Bubble Bobble
- Marble Madness
- Defender Of The Crown
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
- The Man in the Iron Mask with Richard Chamberlain (1977)
- De Zevensprong (Das Geheimnis des siebten Weges)
- Dogma with Ben Affleck and Matt Diamond
- Jack the Ripper with Michael Caine
Cook Sausage Dishes
- Broad sausage in pan, red cabbage, potatos
- Mettenden cut in small pieces in pan, broad beans, potatos
- Nuernberger in pan, Sauerkraut, potatos
- Boiled Wiener, potato salad
- Grilled Berner, tomato-cucumber salad mixed with grated sheep cheese
Learn Something New
- Learn a new programming language
- Learn a new framework
- Learn a new tool
- Try a new operating system
- Read a new blog
Select where to go ...